After waiting weeks for the keys to your new home, you probably want to treat yourself to something nice. Here are some quick home improvements you’ll likely be happy with and so you do not get overwhelmed:
1. Practical problems first. Prioritize easy repairs and upgrades that affect your day-to-day living, such as leaky faucets, dirty or worn fixtures, poor paint choices, holes that need patching or flooring that needs updating.
2. Head-to-toe detail. Detailing isn’t just for your vehicle. Your new home deserves deep cleaning, too. Take advantage of it being completely empty, and hire someone to clean every inch.
3. Consider the view. The right window treatments improve a home’s ambiance, comfort and privacy. They can even save you money in the long run. Drapes, curtains, blinds and shutters block unwanted light, let in the right amount of sunshine and keep your home warm or cool when drawn or shut.
4. Bright ideas. Proper lighting also affects your comfort. After you arrange furniture, pay close attention for a few weeks and note which areas are too dark and which get too much light. From there, you can decide whether new overhead lightning, lamps or bulbs will do the trick.
5. The right appliances. Major appliances – refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, dryers and stoves – impact your daily life, your home’s appearance and your utility bills. Purchasing the right appliances now can set you up for savings and efficiency for years to come.
Please contact us to help you with your Commercial needs or to sell your home and find the home of your dreams! We specialize in Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, Dana Point, San Clemente and our inland coastal communities.
Make it a great day!