In addition to changing your clocks this weekend…its a good time to prepare your spring checklist!
We are a few day away from the Spring season! So it is time to look past the recent cooler temperatures and look forward to the warmer weather, longer days and family and friend gatherings which will begin soon.
To prepare your home to be model home ready, there are a few things you can begin to do now to get a jump on your Spring cleaning. If you are preparing your home to sell, you’ll definitely want to get it started sooner rather than later because April and May are great months to list your home.
Here are a few tips to get you started on your Spring cleaning adventure:
· You may need to repair a few shingles that fell off, patch up cracks in your foundation and re-chalk around your windows.
· Clean out your gutters and downspouts to make sure they are clear of debris. Make sure you direct water way from your home so water does not puddle and cause foundation damage.
· Trim tree limbs and shrubs that may have grown.
· Check your driveway and walkway for cracks that need to be taken care of.
· Consider getting your siding and deck power washed to give it a fresh clean look.
· Paint/Seal your deck and patio to prepare of entertaining.
· Get your systems check out if you usually do this in the Spring. Some people get their systems serviced in the Fall. Your systems include: HVAC, Hot Water Heater, AC Unit.
· Clean/replace all of your filters: HVAC, range hood, clothes dryer, refrigerator water filter.
· Clean your fireplace, ceiling fans and windows.
· Check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors along with your fire extinguisher.
· Deep clean and deodorize your carpets. Get your curtains dry cleaned as well.
Please contact us to help you to sell your home and find the home of your dreams! We specialize in Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, Dana Point, San Clemente and our inland coastal communities.
Make it a great day!
· Chose a room you would like to give a makeover and decide on a theme.
· Repaint or touch up high traffic areas that may have become dingy looking.
· Adding new decorative pillows and an area rug can change the feel of a room.